Drunk Driving Defense Attorney
Only $600 per court appearance
Free Phone Consultation (248) 408-7679
Drunk Driving Defense Attorney in Lake Orion & Rochester Hills, MI & Surrounding
Put an aggressive drunk driving defense attorney on your side – call me now. In Michigan, a first offense will change your life. A second conviction sends you to jail. A third strike is a felony and that means prison. You owe it to yourself – or to your loved ones – to find out if there are legal strategies that could reduce the penalties you may face.
Your future is on the line. Talk to an experienced drunk driving defense attorney. Call 248-408-7679 now.
You want a tough drunk driving defense attorney because the Michigan legislature is tough on convicted drunken drivers. There are mandatory sentences now for OWI, OWVI, OWPD (drugs), or for Under Age 21 Operating with Any Bodily Alcohol Content (BAC).
You will be punished even if:
- It is the first time you have been arrested
- You think you simply made a poor choice to get behind the wheel
If you were caught – you can benefit from having solid legal representation
Can a drunk driving defense attorney have an impact? Absolutely! Michigan has mandatory sentences, which means a person can expect at least a minimum punishment. However, the judge may be persuaded against imposing greater punishment or against imposing the maximum. Also, it is possible that the case itself may be weak or flawed.
- The charges could be reduced or thrown out, based on the evidence.
- It may be possible to dispute the results of the BAC test. This can be especially important because Michigan has stiffer “high BAC” penalties for testing above 17.
- The observations of the police officer who pulled you over may be called into question.
- A good legal argument could impact the length of time you spend in jail or in community service.
- The length of time you lose your license could be bargained with prosecutors or the judge.
- Fines can be negotiated by a drunk driving defense attorney.
- The number of months you have an ignition interlock could be negotiated.
Call now for a discussion of your case. I can’t promise any of these outcomes, but you won’t know if an attorney can help your case unless you meet with one.
Do you need a drunk driving defense attorney for someone under age 21? Michigan lawmakers have decided to take a so-called “zero tolerance” stance with teen drunk drivers, or anyone under the legal drinking age of 21. A person is charged with Under Age 21 Operating with Any Bodily Alcohol Content if they have a BAC of .02 to .07, or any presence of alcohol in the body unless it was consumed at a “generally recognized religious ceremony.”
- A first offense can mean fines of up to $500, months of community service, points on their permanent driving record.
- A second offense can mean jail time, license suspension, and community service.
If you are an underage driver facing charges, or if a child of yours has been arrested, call now. The law is tough, but the system has some discretion. Find out what can be done in your case.
Call 248-408-7679 now to speak with an attorney.
Call Kathryn L. Simmons for a defense attorney in Lake Orion, Orion Township, Rochester Hills, Oxford, Clarkston, Auburn Hills, Waterford, Pontiac, Bloomfield Hills, Troy, Macomb County and the Oakland County Circuit Court. No attorney or law firm can guarantee the outcome of your case. However, I can provide you with a free evaluation of the details of your case, and suggest a strategy to pursue the best possible outcome.